PRICES, MOST OFTEN NEEDED DOCUMENTS & UPDATE
MOBILE WEB PAGES ADDED? I
have added a few pages for mobile devices, iPad, Android phones, and WAP devices
and possible others. These pages are designed to download quickly and be
readable on a small phone screen.
TI CONNECT FOR WINDOWS 7:
Several people have had problems with "no driver" alerts when TI Connect is
being installed with Windows 7 OS and a USB cable.. I haven't
looked into the reasons for this, but I had the same problem
and here's the quick fix that worked for me. I had saved TI Connect
and installed it in the usual manner, so I uninstalled it and started
from scratch. After that I did the following.
1. I signed on and found TI Connect 1.6.1. Make sure you choose
1.6.1. You can get it at this URL.
2. Rather than save TI Connect, I clicked "Run" and allowed the TI Connect
installer to install the application. It will
go through the usual preliminary requests before
completing the installation.
3. After the installation in complete, turn on TI Connect and plug the USB
into your calculator, turn on the calculator, and
plug the USB cable into the computer, not into a hub,
and the driver should be loaded and everything work okay.
QUOTE OF ADVICE FROM TI: (There's a comment on the
Macintosh following the Windows part.)
"For your Windows computer, there are many things that may cause you to be
unable to connect the calculator with the computer. I would like you to
visit the link below for some basic troubleshooting tips:
If all this is correct and the transfer still is not working try running the
clean up file I have attached to this email. Please follow the steps below.
• Uninstall TI-Connect you have installed on your computer.
• Double click the file contained within the CleanTIConnect.zip.
• When completed, shut down your computer.
• Restart your computer and then try to install TI-Connect again and see if it
is operating normally.
If you are still having difficulty I recommend that you try a different cable
and if possible a different computer to see if you still experience the
problems on another computer. This will help us narrow it down to problems with
your computer, cable or calculator.
If after trying different cables/computers are still unable to get your
calculator to communicate then please reply back with the following information.
• A screen shot of the error that you are getting.
• Please specify the version of TI-Connect that you have installed.
• If the error occurs when trying to send a file, please send me a copy of the
file you are trying to send.
• The calculator's Operating System version.
• Your computer’s system information file.
• Please indicate the results of testing it out on a different computer if
To get the system information file on Windows 7:
• Go to Start Menu and search for System Info.
• Once loaded, click on File and choose Save.
• Name the file with your First and Last Name.
• Please check to make sure that system info file(.nfo) is the selected type of
• Attach the .nfo file to this email."
COMMENTS ON MACINTOSH 10.7:
"First, I would like to inform you that Texas Instruments has not tested
this software on Macintosh 10.7 OS. It was last updated to work with
10.6.4 OS. While we will continue to troubleshoot any issues that may arise I am
not able to guarantee that a solution may be available.
If uninstalling and reinstalling the software did not resolve the issue, please
be aware that our software developers are working on possible solutions
possible future update to the software. Unfortunately, I do not have an
estimated time frame as to when this update may become available.
for any inconvenience that this may have caused." END OF QUOTE.
Unfortunately, the 'Big Brother" filter here at the college wiped out the
"clean-up" file, so I was not able to include it.
CASIO PRISM: Several students
have asked me about the Casio Prism. About all I can do is give you a
link for the user manual. Several have asked if the calculator has the
same capability for integration and
differentiation as the TI-89 Titanium. I believe that the integration is
limited to definite integrals and that the
values for the derivatives--first and second are available--can be found. I will
try to find out more about the
Prism by the first week in February of 2011. Here's the link:
NEW ENTRY: Best "free"
computer graphing software in my opinion: Graphmatica. Download at
www.graphmatica.com . Also
available in español.
* Best price seen in the newspaper
advertising supplements for Sunday: (Prices will be posted again in
(Sorry, some prices are not up to date at this time.)
TI-83 Plus TI-84+
TI-84+SE__ TI-89 Ti TI-Nspire Casio fx-9750 Plus
Depot $79.99 $119.99* N/A
8/25/13 Office Max
12/3/11 Wal-Mart N/A
*Includes 8 GB thumb drive, free.
** Color display.
TI-34mv TI-30SX IIS TI-30X
XS Casio fx-300ES
8/9/08 Office Depot
8/25/13 Wal-Mart $12.97
Office Max $12.99
** All scientific calculators listed as 20% off.
* STCC students click here
for information about buying a calculator.
* Don't know what graphing
calculator to buy? Click here for ideas.
* Don't know what scientific calculator to buy?
Click here for ideas.
* How about the Durabrand calculator for $19.95?
Click here for thoughts on
* Need a brief User Manual for the TI-82? Click
* Need a brief User Manual for the TI-83 Plus? Click
* Don't know how to use the Financial App on your TI-83
* Don't know how to use the statistics functions on your
TI-83 Plus? Click
Click here for a printer friendly manual.
* Need a brief User Manual for the TI-89?
* Questions or suggestions about anything on this Website?
Click on E-mail Webmaster in the navigation bar and send
me an e-mail.
LATEST REVISION INFORMATION
Brief User Guides:
TI-83 Plus Financial
5/17/14 Some portfolio calculations added
10/29/08 Changes to Std. Dev. & Correlation
10/20/08 A temporary guide has been added.
TI-82 User Guide
12/12/07 Some errors have been corrected.
TI-83Plus Statistics User Guide 10/2/08
Std. Dev. & Correlation with Computation Formula added.
Casio CFX-9850GP Plus 3/3/07 (This
also applies in most instances to the CFX-9750 Plus.)
Last Date any other page revised on this Website:
más última de las Revisiones en Español.
Breve Guía del Usaría
10/29/08 Adiciones a desviación estándar y lineal correlación.
(Se han corregido unas errores en esta guía.)
TI-83 Plus Estadísticas
4/19/07 (Se han corregido
tipográficos en esta guía.)
Las páginas amistosas de la impresora se han agregado para
TI-83 Plus Breve Guía del Usaría 10/12/06
(Sistemas de ecuaciones añadido.)